Sunday, 14 March 2010

Her Day


Today is her day, because for twenty-one years she has poured her heart and soul into nurturing and nourishing, teaching and guiding, encouraging and comforting, strengthening and supporting, giving selflessly, and loving unconditionally. 

Today commemorates... 

the times we've hung out together
the times we've smiled together
the times we've laughed together 
the times we've cried together
the times we've prayed together

the times we've danced together
the times we've sung together
the (very few) times we've argued... and then made up again

the times we've been reunited
the times we've supported each other
the times we've learned from each other
the times we've confided in each other
the secrets we've shared
the hugs we've shared
the memories we've shared...

The list is endless...

I hope that we will continue to share these times for many, many more years. I hope also that in a few years time, when this day is my day too, I will be a good mother to my children, like she has been to me. 


(A very old picture!)

XXXXX Happy Mother's Day, Mum! I love you! XXXXX

4 comments:

Mariel said...

You're so sweet, Kess! Send my love to your mum. ;)

Kess said...

Thanks Mariel :) Will do - I think she'll be really pleased! :)

Anna said...

Sob.
Now I want a mummy too.
Anna
xxxxxxxxxx

Kess said...

*Hugs*

xxxxxxxx