Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Rush Home Road


Rush Home Road by Lori Lansens tells the story of unlikely friendship between an old woman and a little girl. When her mother takes off, five year old Sharla is left in the care of a neighbour, Addy, who is virtually a stranger. Both Addy and Sharla have had troubled pasts, but together they transform their lives for the better...


The narrative cleverly flits between the present, and Addy's tragic past, her moving story gradually unfolding throughout the course of the novel. This is the tale of a black woman who triumphs despite the odds set against her, and one I found difficult to put down!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Is this one of your first * official * reviews?
I think Oprah recommended this book in her book
club.
Ah Kess,
just not enough hours in the day for all these books
and writing and photography....
* sniffle*
AML
Anna
xxxxxxx

Kess said...

Nope. Not my first official review, my sweet. However, my first Booksneeze book arrived in the post today! :)

Watch this space! :)

AML

Kess
xxxxxxxxx

Anna said...

Aw Kess.
You really have stolen my heart.
We have so much in common!
I dread my return to work.
I could do with being at home all the time!
AML
Anna
xxxxxxx