Friday, 11 December 2009

Have a Great Weekend!

Hi folks!

Today has been manic, and I still haven't finished my packing! :( Still, in less than 24 hours, following almost 8 hours of travelling, I will be with Spud - hurrah!

I'm very tired - it has been a long day *eyelids droop* starting at 5am this morning. I had my last lecture for my Shakespeare module at 9am, and had the usual 45 miles commute. It was worth it though. Today's lecture was, appropriately, on The Winter's Tale, and I contributed, for the first time, to the seminar! I am very shy in class and can't usually get a word in edgeways during class discussions (I worry about interrupting people!) However, my lecturer asked today if anyone had been to see the play in performance, and I tentatively raised my hand. He asked me a few questions about the performance, and how certain scenes were portrayed. It was a small triumph for me! :)

I went to the library and took out a couple of books to reference for my creative writing assignment, and also a couple of volumes of Katherine Mansfield's short stories. I've read, and enjoyed, a couple, and learned recently that they were one of Daphne du Maurier's inspirations. I thought they would make good light reading over the holidays.

I also collected my first assignment during the break, and was ecstatic to discover I'd achieved a first - not a bad start! It was a relief to know that all my hard work paid off. Although I've received a handful of firsts during my time at university, I consistently achieve the next grade down, 2:1, which I would also have been pleased with.

Anyway, I'd better get back to my packing.

Before I go, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all, and let you know how much you mean to me. I am so grateful for all my blogging friends - you know who you are! Your friendship really uplifts me and I love to hear from you, whether from reading your blogs, or receiving your comments. You always make my day!

Speak to you soon! Have a great weekend!

Lots of love,

Kess

xxxx xxxx

4 comments:

Anna said...

I am missing you already! :(
Did you take the train to Spuds?
Have a safe journey, poppet
and tune back in as soon as you can!
AML
Anna
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bethany Mason said...

Congratulations on your first and speaking up in class - I can't say I know how you feel as usually I'm the only who talks a lot in class (often more than necessary). Will see you soon, enjoy your reading :)

Kess said...

*Anna* I'm here! :)
I take the coach because although the journey is longer, it is cheaper and simpler, requiring just one change.
It was a very good journey, but I'm very tired now.
AML
Kess
xxxxxxxx

*Bethany* Thank you :) I wish I was more like you! Still, I've made a start, and perhaps I can make speaking up one of my New Year's Resolutions! :)

Absolutely Write said...

Yes, a double victory for you! I was always shy at school too, somehow I've grown out of it but have the odd relapse from time to time. Have a lovely time with Spud!