Saturday, 28 November 2009

Hello!

I just thought I would emerge and say hello! :) Although my day has been spent finishing research, and actually beginning my assignment, I feel considerably better than I did last night. I am 4% of the way into the essay, which may sound like a very small amount, but in my opinion the opening paragraph is probably the hardest. It took most of the afternoon to find an appropriate quote!

My initial plans to spend all morning in bed, were foiled by the need to collect a parcel from the post office, so I went into town with my parents, and we even enjoyed a coffee together in our favourite cafe! I have more or less finished my Christmas shopping now, much to my satisfaction.

For a few days now, I have had these lyrics stuck in my head:

'I wish I had a river so long
I would teach my feet to fly
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on'

Joni Mitchell - River

Sometimes I think it would be quite nice to skate away from it all, but only temporarily. I would skate down the river for a few hours, feeling the wind in my hair, and losing myself in the surrounding tranquility, before skating back to all awaiting me. In some ways, that's what I did this morning. I was very tempted to get on with my essay, and I could have collected my parcel on Tuesday, but instead I enjoyed a breather and a change of scene, and some precious time with my parents!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Ooh if you love this song, you should listen to Sarah Mclachlan sing it.
I love the Joni Mitchell version too!
Err, I think we are related.
LOL
Anna
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kess said...

Me too! I've always thought that Anna!
I first discovered the song because my absolute favourite band, Sixpence None the Richer, did a version on their latest (Christmas) album!
I am just about to check out Sarah Mclachlan since you've recommended her! :)
Kess
xxxxxxxxxx