Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Sweet Memory



The above photo depicts a gate leading to a very decorative cemetery we visited while in Brittany, France. I find it hard to believe that almost two months have passed by since then, as I remember the holiday vividly, as though it were just last week.

Life is merely a moment in time, brief and so swift that it often eludes us. Memory of us may linger for many centuries following our existence, but even that will undoubtedly fade eventually. Even when we are remembered, we cannot defend ourselves. Only our actions in life can determine how others will remember us.

I am frequently described as sweet, and personally that's how I hope to be remembered when I am gone. Not only that, but I want to be remembered as a loving, caring person, who strived to make time for others, welcoming them into my life. I also want to be remembered as a faithful servant of my God; someone you could tell was a Christian just by looking at me.

While I live, I want to make a positive difference in people's lives. I want to make them smile. I want to love them.

2 comments:

Muffins said...

Doesn't look like a cemetery to me. It's too pretty than the usual cemeteries I see. :)

And you are a wonderful person Kess. Although we really don't know each other much, I know you're a caring person. Your warm personality shines through. :)

Kess said...

I thought it was pretty too. Grave yards often are. They're quiet, peaceful places full of trees - I love trees :)

Thanks Muffins :) You seem like such a caring person too! And thank you for all your comments. They really made my day!