Saturday, 10 October 2009

Pray, Always Pray



When I watch the news, I often want to cry when I acknowledge all the people suffering. Lately, I've heard of earthquakes, landslides, typhoons, rapes, deaths, and more. I cannot even imagine what those people must be going through. Sitting comfortably on the sofa, I often feel so powerless, so far removed from the various situations.

But there is one thing I know I can do, and that is pray. By praying, I have allowed God to help me through some tough situations of my own, and I recognise the big things that He can do if we give Him the chance.

And so I pray, through the big things and the small things, the situations that immediately affect me, and the situations I feel far removed from. And I try to wait patiently, praying until something happens. And I try to understand and accept when my prayer is not answered in the way I hoped.

2 comments:

Muffins said...

Yeah, me too. The world becomes meaner day by day and that's sad.

Kess, you are an inspiration. :) Sometimes, when I watch the news, I get angry at people who do bad things to other people. And my mom always reminds me that we can't do anything but pray for the people who do bad things. Hate the sin and not the sinner.

And I wish the world is free from death. Death is the one thing I'm scared of. I don't want to be apart from my loved ones. And I pity those people who die from disasters and accidents. But you're right, we can't do anything but pray. :)

Kess said...

Thanks Muffins :)

I'm not afraid of death, but I am afraid of losing my loved ones. I've never lost someone close to me before, and I know the loss will hurt so much when I do :S

I find myself getting angry at people too. What you wrote in your comment is so true - 'hate the sin not the sinner'. What a brilliant doctrine!