Friday, 2 October 2009

October Snows



I love this photograph, taken on the day Spud proposed to me back in February. How it makes me sigh!

I am currently experiencing a snowfall of another kind, one considerably less romantic, and consisting entirely of paper and time, following my first week of lectures. It is Friday and I am exhausted, weighed under by a heavy snowfall of books to read, assignments to write. I will be spending most of my weekend at work, with an early morning run planned for tomorrow to keep up my libido.

Then a 5am start on Monday morning, to catch a bus that will get me to my lectures on time. This semester, I have a total of 12,000 words to write, but on a more positive note, no January exams! I am learning the art of juggling, but rather than beanbags or clubs, I am juggling time.

Hopefully, I will be able to snatch half an hour here or there to knit a couple of rows, edit a couple of paragraphs, or read a couple of chapters of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

This is neither lament nor complaint. I am a busy girl by nature. I wouldn't want it any other way.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Hey Kess :)
Love your new profile pic!
Your hair is waaaaaayyyyyyyy pretty!
Don't worry about the snowfalls darling.
I have a snow truck.
I know you can do it.
I believe in you.
What ya knittin then?
:))
Anna ( the ill )
xxxx

Kess said...

Oh, Anna! Thank you for your comment! You've really cheered me up! I'm feeling a little low and tired today after such a busy weekend! Early night for me! I'm too tired to post :(

Oh no! Get well soon my lovely! You've had no luck with illnesses lately, have you? :(

I'm knitting a little baby matinee jacket. For my dearest friend that is, not me. She's going to become a great aunt in January at the age of 20! I will post photos of my finished creation when it's done.

Thank you for your sweet compliment about my photo and my hair :)

Kess
xxxx

Anna said...

Morning cupcake :)
Now I can't wait to see it :)
Oh and you do realise I will have to keep following you
right up to your wedding and beyond?
I feel as though we know each other already :))
Xxxx

Kess said...

Aw, me too Anna!
I think if you're still following then I may have to send you an invite!
xxxx