Friday, 23 October 2009

Beautiful Distractions

'I don't know why the trees change in the fall
I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today'
Taylor Swift - 'The Best Day'
Whenever I'm with Spud my daily routine goes completely out of the window, not that I mind at all. Every day with him is beautiful. This week we've been skipping outside in between the showers to enjoy the brilliant displays of autumn on the trees.
On Tuesday we visited a local abbey, and timed the trip perfectly as the rain ceased falling entirely the moment we arrived. We enjoyed a stroll through the grounds and gardens, appreciating the freshness of the air and the scent of lavender while the sun made a tentative appearance. The abbey itself is a relatively modern structure, fortified only last century, and quite something to look at. It also has the most beautiful stained glass window at the back, but photography of this is prohibited.
Instead I enjoyed photographing the abbey from the outside, and the autumnal trees, their uppermost branches balding gradually, and the leaves glowing an orange hue in the faint sunlight.
We enjoyed a cream tea in the restaurant, choosing to sit outside and make the most of the dry spell. I can tell you, it tasted as delicious as it looks!



On Wednesday we decided to take advantage of the Orange Wednesday offer and go to the cinema. We saw Up, a decision made only on the grounds that neither of us have seen a 3D film before, but it was a very enjoyable film and met our expectations.


Spud bought me a gaint candy necklace from the Works, and so we spent most of the next day eating that and watching films, because the weather was terrible.

5 comments:

Anna said...

* Sigh*
This was a fantastic post!
Again , felt as though I was there.
I get twitchy now when you don't update.
:))
Loved the candy necklace,
want one, want one.
Anna
xxxx

Tiffany said...

Aw, what a great post! I love your photos! That candy necklace is great! {grin}

Kess said...

*Anna* Thank you! I thought you might like this one! I miss regular posting too and hope that my posts will become more regular soon! It's really touching to know that what I write is appreciated, and that I'm missed when I don't post! Oh, and P.S. The candy necklace was 99p from the Works - look out for them in a shop near you!

xxxx

*Tiffany* Thank you! I'm glad you liked the photos! And thank you for visiting my blog! I love to hear from people. Welcome to my world!

xxxx

Bethany Mason said...

I loved this post - particularly all the photos. How was the film? I'm planning on seeing it soon as it looks fantastic but don't like 3-D as it tends to give me a headache.

Kess said...

The film was brilliant! Definitely worth a see :)