Thursday, 3 September 2009

Celebrating Life

Last night I received a piece of news that I could perceive as bad news, but to be honest, I am just relieved to know either way. It concerned my accommodation for my final year of study. This last year I have been commuting to university from home, which is about an hour and a half journey. It has had its benefits in that I've saved money, and only had to make the journey a couple of times a week, but I also found it very tiring and signed up for on- campus accommodation for my final year. I knew all too well that first year students are prioritised, so I remained fairly open minded about it, allowing myself to see the benefits of commuting for a second year.

My parents received a letter for me yesterday to say that there is no accommodation for me. Although slightly disappointed, I realised it was the response I was expecting nevertheless, and this morning I've woken up feeling very light-hearted and hopeful. God has given me an answer to my prayer, even if it wasn't the response I was initially rooting for. Living on-campus may have provided me with more time, and more opportunities for building friendships, but I can see reasons why living at home and commuting may also be beneficial.

I can continue with the job I love for another eight months, and earn some money for the big move next year. I will only have to travel in for lectures a maximum of two or three days a week. I can ring Spud every night. I can see my current friends more regularly. I can continue going to my local church. I can go running with my dad and train up for our local half marathon. Everything's going to be okay. I feel like celebrating! Life is good!

1 comment:

Muffins said...

Amen to that! I couldn't agree more. :)

One of the things I love about God is that He doesn't always give us what we want. Instead, He gives us what's best for us. :)