Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Beloved Reflections



There was a day, not long ago, when Spud and I returned to our favourite waterfall in the Lakes. I was captivated by a small pool of water, reflecting the sky, the clouds, and the trees, with perfect clarity, as though to highlight the existence of a parallel universe. The trees were briefly obscured by the appearance of my fiance, as though he too was contained within the water's depths. The moment my reaching hand brushed the surface of the pool, his likeness was lost to a disarray of ripples. I looked up to see him standing there, on the bank opposite, his familiar form evoking a long sequence of treasured memories, beloved reflections.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Oh this is simply lovely.
I adore the grainy effect of the photo.
And the words!
Oh the words.
Anna
xxxx

Bethany Mason said...

I love this photo - the imagery is thought-provoking as the man, the sky and trees become one.

Kess said...

Thank you Anna and Bethany for your lovely comments :) Any feedback means a lot - I love to hear from people!

I hadn't really looked that closely at this photograph until yesterday, and when I did I just had to post it!

Reflections and shadows are two of the things I love to photograph!

Kess
xxxx