Sunday, 30 August 2009

Reason to Believe

For as long as I can remember, I've struggled to believe in myself, but I have no recollection of ever struggling to believe in God. I was raised in a Christian family, and made the decision to become a Christian at the age of seven. Even when my life hit rocky ground during my teens, I still prayed every night, aware that God was there with me and knew of my struggles. Of course, doubts are only human, and I have experienced my fair share, but they've never swayed me from my faith.

However, I don't believe my faith really matured until I was about sixteen. I read the Bible cover to cover for the first time shortly after my baptism at the age of seventeen, and began to read books by other Christian authors. It was then that I finally began to see how God was shaping my life, and continues to do so. Suddenly, I saw God's responses to the prayers I had once thought unanswered. Ever since I have always been aware that God has a purpose for me, one which He is fulfilling through me. I am beginning to see the potential He has for me.

I'm still not entirely sure that I believe in myself, but I can say for certain that I believe in what God can do through me. He has given me a reason to believe.

No comments: